Monday, July 29, 2013


I can't believe we have to leave the farm. I will miss this so much.



Not quite ripe, but almost. Maybe we should stay for another couple of weeks.


What great fortune to be able to see The Indigo Girls perform at the Oregon Zoo. I've always wanted to sway with the elephants, and what better concert that my all time favorite band. Colin thought that The Indigo Girls were shouting out "Rachel" as appreciation for my long time fan status. (They were actually saying "Thanks Y'all")


This was my favorite Indigo Girls concert ever. The crowd was wonderful and the sing along was so lovely. Amy and Emily seemed so happy to be there, it really felt like we were all friends just enjoying music and singing along. I think that is a Portland thing.


Oh the turkeys. How perfect that they are sitting on the car just when we are packing up to leave. I am having trouble actually leaving, it has been another wonderful, magical visit. Suzanne and David have created such a wonderful nest.


The only problem with Suzanne and David's bed is that there are always children in it. Mattress is a bit firm for my liking, a heel to the rib usually has me flying to Zoe's perfectly soft mattress and cool breezes room. And I rest there peacefully until a discontent and fearful child comes seeking comfort, and once comfort is given proceeds to kick and turn and steal covers until once again I go searching for a solitary bed. And where on earth do you go searching a third time and a third time find a wonderfully comfortable bed with no one inside? And so it is that I sleep peacefully in Sam's bed until morning. No, I cannot begin the next night in Sam's bed, because then everyone will start there. Oh this dance we dance, at once so exhausting and so endearing. The clock is ticking and these boys are not going to need me to be this present for very much longer, but I cannot move forward I until I start getting a few nights of good sleep.



No comments:

Post a Comment